I saw the most amazing book cover last week. Yes I’m well aware of the overused cliche about judgments and covers, but when you see this one I think you’ll agree. Of course I had to see what this Rebekah Lyons was all about. This one small paragraph on her website took up residence in my brain and I haven’t been able to shake it:
“In a Western culture driven by performance and Pinterest fantasies, her story echoes the rise of loneliness, depression, and anxiety that women are facing at all time highs. Why are expectations and lifestyles breaking us down in unprecedented ways?”
I devoured the first chapter yesterday. So without further ado, here’s ten reasons why this book is a must-read…
1. You simply must read this book because how can you resist when the cover looks like that?
2. If you’ve ever changed zip codes and wondered how in the world you were going to survive this upheaval, this book is for you.
3. Do you empty the dishwasher, break up a squabble, fold another load of laundry and secretly wonder, ‘is this all there is?’
4. Are you parenting a special needs child and longing for someone who “gets” it?
5. “In a female culture built on Photoshopped perfection and Pinterest fantasies, we’ve lost the ability to dream our own big dreams.”
If you’re housing a big dream, longing for the chance to pursue it, you’ll find encouragement in the pages of this book.
6. If depression and anxiety have brought you to your knees, this author can relate to your experience.
7. Maybe you’ve stepped out on faith, pursued your crazy big dream and now feel crushed by the weight of your own expectations and the daily struggle of juggling motherhood and using your God-given gifts. I think this book might be for you.
8. This book is gritty, authentic, unique. Part memoir, part user’s manual. It is NOT another foray into the mommy wars of working versus staying at home moms, which we hear ad nauseum in mainstream media.
9. If you buy the book from Rebekah’s website, three FREE gifts are included. Who can resist free? Go here for more details.
10. This could be the beginning of a fantastic journey for you, one in which you surrender and take flight. Go on.
You can do it.